If you work in a diagnostic clinic or blood bank, one of the tasks you might be handling on a daily basis is the gathering of blood (and other body liquids) for testing and other purposes. Since the body liquids can become contaminated at the slightest handling mistake, the task will require utmost care.
To ensure no contamination takes place, a blood tube stripper is used. A blood tube stripper is used to strip blood bag tubes. Its primary function is to facilitate the anticoagulation of blood in the blood bag tubing before it is segmented. Blood tube strippers can be manual or electric powered (automatic).
Blood banks and clinics often prefer automatic strippers since they are considered more accurate and efficient. Blood tube strippers are also considered a staple in clinics and blood banks because of its various uses. Some of the common uses of blood tube strippers include:
- It facilitates complete and faster stripping of blood bag tubes
- It can be used for different types of blood bag systems
- It is ergonomically designed for right hand or left hand use
One of the most popular blood tube strippers in the market is the Automatic Tube Stripper TS08. Some of its features include:
- Ergonomic design
- Tube holder designed for better tube guidance
- Lightweight (for easier handling)
- Stable power supply
- Prevents coagulation in tubing
- Compatible with all commercial blood bag systems in the market